Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Blindfolds

Walt: use correct sentences to help structure our writing.

Have you ever gone on an adventure blindfolded?

When I got to school this morning I didn’t expect to be blindfolded. Room 7 had to be blindfolded the entire time. Read on if you want to find out the exciting things that happened.
On an ordinary school morning Mr Goodwin ( Mr G ) told us what we were going to do. All he said was “we are going to be walking to the playground for an experiment”. As soon as he said that we were so excited. Finally a long walk to the park i felt the nice cool breeze flowing past me but it was boiling hot. Then Mr G said “get into pairs of 2 and make sure you can trust them”. I went to Inga straight away and we were so excited to be together because we knew we could trust each other.

Then it was time Mr G told us what we were doing. He said “ One of your buddies will be getting blindfolded first, and the other will be taking them on an obstacle course, through the park”. I was so nervous and so scared because I was going first but I knew my buddie wouldn’t let me fall or get hurt. Off we went and all I could do was listen to Inga’s voice and follow her. She took me up the ladder, on the rope bridge which was the most scariest because I nearly fell and on the monkey bars which was the easiest and most fun thing. When I was on the rope bridge I didn’t feel like I was on it, I felt like I was flying so high in the sky or even in the movie titanic on the boat.

Now it was time to guide Inga around the whole entire park. I thought I would take her on the scary obstacles and see what she would do. The first obstacle I took her on was the flying fox. She was so excited until she hit her leg on the big giant pole but that didn’t stop her from doing the other obstacles. We then went up the big ladder, walked on the rope bridge but she sat down on it and nearly fell off instead of walking. That scared me a lot because if she fell of I would be responsible for it. We went on her last obstacle which was the twirly monkey bars and I was laughing so hard because she looked liked a real monkey on the monkey bars.

I couldn’t imagine doing this experiment without Inga. I had a lot more fun being blindfolded than guiding my buddie. I highly recommend doing this with your friend because it is super fun to build friendships with other and have fun with your friends.

Task description:
In this task room 7 wrote about an experience that we had with our friends. The reason why we wrote about this experience was because this was a practice test for us to structure our writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment